Since long time I was looking to buy a Arduino board but because of its bit of expensiveness I wasn't able to get it. But recently I got to know about TechDuino which is a exact derrivative clone of ArduinoUno board. The cost was also nice (LKR 1550) So I quickly went ahead and bought a one. I am so glad about this product and I would say its the "exact clone" of ArduinoUNO board! Quality wise this could be lil bit lower than orginal ArduinoUNO but who cares the quality we only need to get done our work! Thats it right? This is awesome. I wanna say thank you very much and kudos for the TechKatha team (plus Kalinga ayya) who have worked hard to make this electronic gadget.

Well.. here we go.. My TechDuino is shown below.. :-)

TechDuino


ArduinoUNO



Parts of Techduino


Parts of ArduinoUNO

You will need to download drivers and the ArduinoIDE to connect this with computer and program the IC.

On windows there's proper drivers. But on my ArchLinux box I got few problems to get up and running with TechDuino. So here's a workaround to it.
Greyed Serial Port Menu in Arduino IDE on Arch Linux: http://code.synchroverge.com/?p=99

Still I am trying to figure out the Arduino programming language (Blinked the LED and tried few crazy LED blinking programs :-D And I believe sky is the limit for this tiny lil electronics prototyping board for a enthusiastic person..cause its powered with TONS of features.

LED Blink Program

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.
 
  This example code is in the public domain.
 */
 
// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards.
// give it a name:
int led = 13;

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {               
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);    
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(100);               // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(100);               // wait for a second
}



Arduino Video Tutorial
Get to know your Tools with Arduino CEO Massimo Banzi